Are you ready to Try Harder?
Penetration Testing with Kali Linux (PWK) is the industry standard for practical, hands-on, information security training. Created and taught by the creators of Kali Linux, this course is designed to provide the knowledge that you need for a career in penetration testing. Guiding you from the basics of automation of standard security tasks all the way to discovering, fuzzing and writing your own buffer overflow, this course provides you with not just more "tool usage" instruction. Instead, it details the underlying concepts of what you need to know to for a successful career in penetration testing.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Automating your environment with scripting
- Attack surface identification through passive and active information gathering
- Identifying and writing your first Windows exploit
- Safe identification, modification, and use of public exploits
- Data exfiltration and advanced tunneling techniques
- Client side and privilege escalation attacks
- Introduction to web application attacks
- Use of Metasploit in a penetration test
This is a highly technical course, created for true security professionals. Students with entry level hacking certifications that are in need of modern, practical, real-world penetration testing experience are ideal candidates for this course. Students with limited knowledge that are hungry to succeed and ready to put in extra effort may also find the course perfect.
Students will be provided with virtual machines for use in class. Additionally, the Penetration Testing with Kali Linux lab guide will be provided. An in-class "Hint System" will provide electronic distribution of all scripts, POCs, and so on.
Black Hat does not include the online course materials, exam, lab.