This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Code of Conduct
We believe our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a safe, friendly, and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior, for both the in-person event and the virtual event.
We invite all sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors, and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive conference experience for everyone. All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are in Informa's sole discretion and the decision(s) of the Informa representatives will be final.
- You will behave in a way as to create a safe and supportive environment for all Black Hat event participants whether participating online or in person at Black Hat (including Black Hat employees, moderators, attendees, vendors, sponsors, speakers, and volunteers).
- You will not engage in disruptive speech or behavior or otherwise interfere with any portion of the in-person or virtual event, or other individuals' participation in the event.
- You will not engage in any form of harassing, offensive, discriminatory, or threatening speech or behavior, including (but not limited to) relating to race, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other protected category.
- You will comply with the instructions of the moderator and any Black Hat event staff.
- You will comply with all applicable laws.
Health and Safety
Black Hat will be organized in accordance with the latest health and safety regulations, guidelines, and recommendations, as directed by the National Health Service (NHS) and ExCeL Centre London.
- You will not attend Black Hat while experiencing any symptoms of Covid. The current list of symptoms as defined by the NHS are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- Currently, the ExCeL Centre London requires proof of double vaccination, COVID-19 antibodies or negative lateral flow test to gain entry. The ExCeL will be checking for proof at the entry points to the building. Please note, UK-based visitors can use their NHS COVID Pass, and international visitors, the equivalent from their country of origin.
- All participants will self-screen daily for symptoms of COVID or other illness and will not attend if experiencing any symptoms.
We expect all in-person and virtual event participants (including Black Hat employees, moderators, attendees, vendors, sponsors, speakers, and volunteers) to uphold the principles of this Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct covers the in-person event, virtual event, and all related events (social or otherwise). Informa employees participating in in-person or virtual events must continue to abide by all company policies at all times.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in disqualification from participating in future events and from engagement across Black Hat blogs, online forums, and social media channels.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact Steve Wylie, General Manager, email@example.com or Meredith Omori, Lead Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above policies may be revised at any time by Informa and are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to Informa's rights, all of which it expressly reserves.