The age of intelligent machines is here! We are now seeing Machine Learning disrupting every technological field including computer security. As more and more security products use Machine Learning, it is important as Pentesters and Security Researchers to understand how to make and break this technology!
This 4 Day Megaprimer will take you right from the basics of Machine Learning, to using it for security research, and to finally breaking security products using it! We will use case studies relevant to Infosec such as - Network intrusion detection, Spam detection, Security log analysis, Attacker Identification, Rogue Wi-Fi network detection, AV and IDS Evasion etc.
Students will receive - a copy of the book "Principles of Data Science", PDF slides and exercise files, 20 hrs HD videos of class lectures and demos, 1 Month PentesterAcademy.com access pass to solve Machine Learning challenges online!
A non-exhaustive list of topics to be covered include:
- Course Introduction and Lab Setup
- Numpy and Pandas
- Machine Learning Basics
- Learning Algorithms
- K Nearest Neighbors
- Linear Regression / Model Evaluation
- Logistic Regression
- Natural Language Processing
- Naive Bayes Classification
- Intrusion Detection
- Spam Detection
- Advanced Sklearn
- Decision Trees
- Ensembling Techniques
- Dimension Reduction
- Clustering / Topic Modelling
- Stochastic Gradient Descent
- Neural Networks / Deep Learning
- Time Series based Data Analysis
- Security Log Analysis
- Attacker Identification
- Anomaly based detection
- MAC address Spoofing detection over WiFi
- Wi-Fi Rogue Network Detection
- Breaking AV Products
- Confusing Anomaly Detectors
- Subverting Learning Systems
Security Researchers, Pentesters and anyone curious about how to make-break Machine Learning systems.