This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
USA 2018 Event Details
Black Hat USA 2018 returns to Las Vegas, August 4-9, 2018! This Intel Post will provide you with important event information, including badge pick-up hours, navigation resources, special programs, and more.
Make sure to follow @BlackHatEvents on Twitter and tweet using the hashtags #BHUSA and #BlackHat to join the conversation and stay up-to-date.
Black Hat USA will take place at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas.
Check in at the Registration Counters on Level 2 of the Mandalay Bay Convention Center (using the email address you registered with) If you have any questions about your registration, please email our Registration Team at email@example.com.
Registration Desk Hours
- Friday, August 3: 14:00—19:00
- Saturday, August 4: 07:00—16:00
- Sunday, August 5: 08:00—18:30
- Monday, August 6: 07:00—17:00
- Tuesday, August 7: 08:00—18:00
- Wednesday, August 8: 06:30—19:00
- Thursday, August 9: 08:30—17:00
We will also be offering a satellite registration desk near the Mandalay Bay Hotel front desk in the Orchid Lounge. You may choose to pick up your badge there, during the days/times listed below.
Satellite Registration Desk Hours
Monday, August 6: 13:00 — 17:00
Tuesday, August 7: 8:00 — 20:00
Wednesday, August 8: 7:00 — 13:00
- Online Conference-At-A-Glance Schedule: Check out this overview of Black Hat USA Schedule and click through for complete schedules of each program
Mobile App: Search your app store for "Black Hat USA" or use the QR Code to download the Mobile App for event schedules, presenter bios and more
- Pocket Guide: Pick up a printed pocked guide with your badge full of details for Briefings, Sponsored Sessions, an event map and more
- Information Desk: Have any non-directional, non-registration related questions or concerns? Visit the Information Desk located on Level 2
- Schedules for each day of Trainings can be accessed here.
- Class Requirements: Please be sure to check the "Student Requirements" and "What Students Should Bring" sections for your specific Training for class requirements
- Laptops and Power Supply: Please bring your own laptop with you to class! Black Hat does not have extra laptops or power cords to lend out. Make sure that your power supply can accept 120V.
- Lunch: Will be provided during Trainings days for paid Trainings attendees. You DO NOT need lunch tickets; however, you MUST have your Black Hat badge in order to enter the lunchroom.
- Schedules: For each day of Briefings can be accessed here.
- Keynote: Please join us for Parisa Tabriz's Keynote presentation "Optimistic Dissatisfaction with the Status Quo: Steps We Must Take to Improve Security in Complex Landscapes" on Wednesday, August 8 at 09:00 (doors open at 08:00) in the Mandalay Bay Events Center.
- Lunch: Your Briefings pass grants you access to lunch on both Wednesday, August 8 and Thursday, August 9. You must have your Briefings badge to enter the lunchroom.
- Briefings Slides and White Papers: Briefings presentation materials provided by speakers will be made available at the end of each day on the Black Hat website. Presentations can be downloaded by clicking through to individual Briefings on the schedule page, here.
- Briefings Audio and Video: Afraid you'll miss a session? The Source of Knowledge will be on-site Wednesday, August 8 and Thursday, August 9 to sell video recordings of all Briefings sessions. These recordings may be purchased on-site at a substantial discount. The Source of Knowledge has two locations: Breakers Registration Desk, Level 2 & Top of the escalators, Level 3.
Business Hall Features & Activities
The Business Hall (Oceanside, Shoreline and Mandalay Bay Ballrooms) will feature open-source tool demonstrations at Arsenal, the hottest security startups at Innovation City, recruiting companies and institutions in the Career Zone, a number of networking lounges for relaxing and enjoying refreshments and more. All Black Hat pass types have access to the Business Hall and programs wherein, plus the additional programs on the Features Schedule.
Business Hall Hours
Wednesday, August 8: 10:00 – 19:00 (Reception 17:30 – 19:00)
Thursday, August 9: 10:00 – 17:00
Join us for the Business Hall Welcome Reception on Wednesday evening in the Business Hall (Oceanside, Shoreline & Mandalay Bay Ballrooms). Hosted by Diamond Sponsors Cylance, ForcePoint, LogRhythm, McAfee, and Rapid7.
Arsenal (Business Hall, Oceanside Ballroom, Level 2)
Black Hat Arsenal will feature more than 90 open-source tool demos over the course of two days, located in the Business Hall (Oceanside). Independent researchers will showcase their work while answering questions in a dynamic, interactive setting. View the full lineup of Arsenal tools here.
Please join us for the Arsenal Happy Hour on Thursday, August 9 from 15:50 - 17:00 as we thank our Arsenal presenters for their contributions to the open-source community.
Kick back and recharge while building your network, conducting informal meetings and enjoying food and beverages in one of the Networking Lounges. Find the schedule here.
Sponsored Sessions & Workshops
More than 90 sessions and workshops will cover the industry's latest trends, technologies and strategies. Offering everything from career advice to operational best practices, be sure to view the full lineup and sort by track, session type, and time using the Sponsor Sessions Scheduler Viewer.
Beyond the Business Hall
All pass types have access to a robust lineup of features and special events including, Day Zero, Community Workshops, Kali Linux Dojo, Pwnie Awards, NOC Tours, and much more.
Check out the Features Schedule for more information.
Tuesday, August 7 | 16:00 – 18:00 | Islander CDEHI, North Hall, Lower Level
Before diving into a jam-packed week of research, networking, and hands-on hacking, attend Day Zero for an overview of not-to-be missed talks, insight into to the content selection process and more by Black Hat Review Board Members and Veteran Presenters. Check out the agenda here.
Developed in partnership with non-profit organizations, Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), Executive Women's Forum (EWF), (ISC)², OWASP, and Women In Security And Privacy (WISP) to engage attendees on topics specific to the InfoSec community, and welcome a wider range of professionals to the industry. Community Workshops are open to all pass types.
Network Operations Center (NOC)
Visit the Network Operations Center (NOC) to see the tools used to build, monitor and secure the Black Hat network and meet the team that is tasked with developing it. NOC team members will also provide short presentations in-between in between Briefings full of real-time analytics, networks reports and tips for securing your systems during Black Hat.
Thursday, August 9 | 09:00 – 16:00 | South Seas IJ, Level 3
Join the Kali Linux team for a special to strengthen your Kali skills and knowledge in a hands-on environment. Attendees can drop by all day Thursday where they'll be able to build and customize their own version of Kali. Seating will be based on a first come, first-served, drop-in basis and is open to all pass types.
Parties & Networking
Take time to unwind at some of the hottest parties and networking events taking place in Las Vegas during InfoSec week. View the list of Sponsored Parties, Networking Events, Receptions, and Happy Hours here.
Get your Black Hat branded merchandise, T-shirts, hoodies, gifts, and more in the official Merchandise Store, located in the Palm Foyer on Level 3.
- Monday, August 6 / 08:00 – 18:00
- Tuesday, August 7 / 08:00 – 18:00
- Wednesday, August 8 / 07:30 – 18:00
- Thursday, August 9 / 08:00 – 18:00
Code of Conduct
Black Hat has a strict code of conduct that we expect all our attendees to follow. Familiarize yourself with our policies here.