This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
On This Page
- Age Limits
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Audio & Video Recordings
- Cancellation Policy
- Code of Conduct
- Continuing Education Credit
- Privacy Statement
- Program Changes
- Promo Codes
- Tax Invoices
- Training Certificates of Completion
- Training Cancellations by Black Hat
- Training Class Changes Request
- Training Class Reservations
Registration Terms & Conditions
Once you have completed your registration, please read your Registration Confirmation email to make certain that you have been registered for the correct class BEFORE the start of the conference. If you find that you have been registered for the incorrect class, you must contact us by July 7 2023 in order for us to move you to the class you originally wanted to be in (space pending). We cannot move you to another class after July 7 2023; however, you may ADD a class. Please read the Training Class Change Request policy below.
Due to safety concerns, no one under the age of 18 (including infants in strollers) will be permitted on the premise at any time during Black Hat USA 2023.
Americans with Disabilities Act
If you require special assistance, auxiliary aids, interpreters or other reasonable accommodations while participating in the Training(s), please email Jon Osing at least six weeks prior to the event date.
Audio & Video Recordings
Attendees are not permitted to record or publicize any of the content presented at Black Hat.
- All fees are non-refundable after July 7 2023.
- Paid registrants who do not submit an email request to email@example.com by July 7 2023, fail to send a substitute, or do not attend the conference forfeit their entire registration fee.
- Registrants who must cancel may substitute another person by submitting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the section on Substitutions.
- Individuals are responsible for canceling their own hotel and travel reservations. Black Hat does not accept liability for hotel or travel costs.
- Paid registrants who cancel and do not substitute another person will receive a full refund less a 6% processing fee if notification is submitted in writing via email@example.com on or before July 7 2023. DEF CON tickets are non-refundable, once purchased.
- If you cancel and re-register, your new registration will reflect the current pricing as of the date of your final registration. Earlier registration pricing will not be honored.
- If you have erroneously registered twice for the same event (e.g. twice for the Briefings or same Training class), you must submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately and no later than July 7 2023 or you will be responsible for the costs of both registrations.
- Failure to attend the conference without written notification as detailed above prior to the start of the course will be considered a "No Show" and will result in forfeiture of fees paid in full.
- If you register, have not paid, and do not cancel your Trainings registration by July 7 2023, your registration may be automatically canceled. If you do not respond to Black Hat attempts to contact you regarding the status of your payment, your registration can be canceled. You will receive notification of your canceled registration via email.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration in full, retroactive discounts/promo codes will not be honored.
- Black Hat reserves the right to cancel your duplicate or unpaid registrations without notice.
Code of Conduct
Black Hat believes our community should be open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment. By participating you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct, which can be viewed here.
Continuing Education Credit
Black Hat provides Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit for those who are certified through ISC2:
- 14 CPE credits for two-day Briefings
- 16 CPE credits for two-day Trainings
- 32 CPE credits for four-day Trainings
You can request CPE credits by entering your certificate number on the online registration form.
Special service for CISSPs and SSCPs: Black Hat will automatically forward your earned CPE credits to ISC2 upon completion of the course, within 30 days after the event has ended.
CPE is a globally recognized standard unit of measure for continuing education for security professionals. Please see ISC2 for more information regarding the certification process. Please note Black Hat does not maintain records of earned CPE credits; it is the responsibility of the student to maintain his or her own record.
Registration rates are only guaranteed at the time of full payment. At the time of payment, attendees are responsible to pay the current registration rate. If your registration has a balance due at the time of a rate increase, an updated invoice will be sent to you. Outstanding balances are due at the start of the conference. Admission to Briefings and Trainings will not be allowed and registration credentials will not be issued until all fees have been paid in full. Black Hat reserves the right to cancel your registration if we do not receive payment by July 7 2023. All pricing is listed in US Dollars (USD).
EIN/TIN: 11-2240940; Dun and Bradstreet: 06-592-6420
Wire Transfers: If you are paying by wire transfer, please note that payment in full needs to reach Black Hat no later than July 7 2023 or your registration may be cancelled and the seat given to a paid registrant. Any bank or administrative fees are the responsibility of the attendee. If you have registered for any pass which includes a Trainings program, your payment is required within 2 weeks from the date of your registration. If no payment is received within the two week timeline, you will be dropped from the Trainings. You will be notified via email in the event of this happening. Please forward a copy of the SWIFT receipt and wire transfer form to email@example.com.
Credit Cards: We accept MasterCard, Visa, and American Express. All credit cards are processed at the time of your registration.
Checks: Check Payments are not accepted for this event.
Purchase Orders: Purchase orders and Government Terms are not accepted for this event.
ALL PAYMENTS ARE DUE BY July 7 2023 OR YOUR REGISTRATION WILL BE CANCELED. IF YOU ARE REGISTERED FOR A TRAINING CLASS, YOUR SEAT WILL BE RELEASED TO A PAYING DELEGATE.
All inquiries, correspondence and issues related to conference registration should be directed to Black Hat via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Black Hat reserves the right to make changes in the conference program, Trainings, Speakers, or to cancel programs should the enrollment criteria not be met or when conditions beyond our control prevail. All conference sessions are filled on a first-come, first-seated basis.
Promo codes are only applicable to registrations that are completed online and applied at the time of registration. Only one promo code may be applied to an individual registration. Promo codes may not be combined and may not be applied retroactively.
In order to receive a refund, all refund requests must be submitted to email@example.com by July 7 2023.
Credit Cards: Refunds for credit card payments will only be to the original card charged.
Wires: Payments made via bank wire will be refunded via bank wire. Wire refunds will be issued 12-16 weeks from the date of receipt of a completed Wire Refund Form. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process.
Substitutions are allowed with the written permission of the original registrant before July 7. You may submit your request via email to email@example.com
A substitution is a straight transfer of registration credentials.
If you qualified and registered under the 2020 Alumni Program, your registration may be substituted to another qualified alumni. However, if the substitution is made to an individual who is not an alumnus, the difference in fees will be due.
If you find that you have registered yourself for the incorrect class, you must contact us by July 7 2023 in order for us to move you to the class you originally wanted to be in (space pending). We cannot move you to another class after July 7 2023.
If your substitution requires us to process a new payment (change in credit card, additional class fees), the person will be required to email firstname.lastname@example.org and billed for all applicable registration fees.
If your substitution requires a Training class change, the person will be required to email email@example.com and billed all applicable registration fees.
Tax invoices are auto generated from the registration system once your registration is completed and paid in full. Tax invoices will be sent via email to the registrant's primary and secondary (if provided) email address.
Training Certificates of Completion
Black Hat now issues all Training Certificates of Completion in digital format. Digital credentials provide a more sustainable, verifiable and secure pathway for Black Hat Training attendees to share their achievements.
Two-day and Four-day Black Hat Trainings participants will be issued a digital Certificate of Completion. Certificates will be sent to the email address associated with the attendee registration. Certificates will not be issued to attendees not present at their registered Training course.
For any questions or issues with your certificate, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Training Class Cancellations by Black Hat
In the event that a Training is canceled due to a Trainer cancelation, enrollment criteria not being met or other reasons beyond our control, we will contact you immediately to make an alternate selection.
If Black Hat is forced to cancel a Training class, you have the following options:
- Move to another class, space pending. You should reply to the email sent to you regarding your cancelled class or email email@example.com. Please note that if the newly selected course is more expensive, you must pay the difference. If the newly selected course is less expensive, you will be issued a refund for the difference in the original payment instrument.
- Receive a full refund if you choose to cancel your Training – you will not be assessed an administrative fee.
Training Class Change Request
You are registered only for the Training class you selected. In order to change classes, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 7 2023 space pending. After this date, we cannot change your Training class unless it has been cancelled.
If you are owed a refund for the difference of the class cost, you will be sent a refund via the same method of payment.
If additional payment is required, you will be billed the difference in the class cost. All outstanding fees must be paid in full by July 7 2023.
Please email your request to: email@example.com. Class space for the Training is extremely limited and we have sold out in years past. There is no guarantee that space will be available in the class you are requesting.
Training Class Reservations
Registering without payment will not reserve or hold a seat in a Training course, all Training course seats are first-come, first-paid. Payment for any pass which includes a Training class must be paid within 2 weeks from the date of the original registration date. Black Hat reserves the right to cancel your unpaid registration without notification in order to guarantee the seat to a paid delegate.