This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
On This Page
- Age Limits
- Audio & Video Recordings
- Cancellation Policy
- Code of Conduct
- Continuing Education Credits
- Payment Statement
- Privacy Statement
- Program Changes
- Tax Invoices
- Training Certificates of Completion
- Training Cancellations by Black Hat
- Training Class Changes Request
- Training Class Reservations
- Virtual Attendance Policy
Registration Terms & Conditions
Black Hat Trainings Registration Terms & Conditions
We strongly advise that you print this page and keep a copy for your records.
Once you have completed your registration, please read your Order Confirmation email to make sure that you have been registered for the correct class BEFORE the start of the conference. If you find that you have been registered for the incorrect class, you must contact us by Feb 19, 2022 in order for us to move you to the class you originally wanted to be in (space pending). TRAINING CLASS CHANGE REQUEST policy below.
Due to safety concerns, no one under the age of 18 (including infants in strollers) will be permitted on the premise at any time during Black Hat Trainings.
Audio & Video Recordings
Attendees are not permitted to record any Trainings at Black Hat. Anyone caught recording, whether it be audio or video, may be asked to leave.
- Fees are non-refundable after Feb 19, 2022.
- Paid registrants who do not submit a Black Hat Registration Update Form by Feb 19, 2022, fail to send a substitute, or do not attend the conference forfeit their entire registration fee.
- Registrants who must cancel may substitute another person by submitting a Black Hat Registration Update Form. Please see the section on SUBSTITUTIONS.
- Individuals are responsible for canceling their own hotel and travel reservations. Black Hat does not accept liability for hotel or travel costs.
- Paid registrants who cancel and do not substitute another person will receive a refund less a $300 processing fee, if notification is submitted in writing via a completed Black Hat Registration Update Form on or before Feb 19, 2022. All fees are non-refundable after Feb 19, 2022.
- If you cancel and re-register, your new registration will reflect the current pricing as of the date of your final registration. Earlier registration pricing will not be honored.
- If you have erroneously registered twice, you must submit a Black Hat Registration Update Form immediately and no later than Feb 19, 2022 or you will be responsible for the costs of both registrations.
- Failure to attend the without written notification as detailed above prior to the start of the course will be considered a "No Show" and will result in forfeiture of fees paid in full.
- If you register, have not paid, and do not cancel your registration by Feb 19, 2022, your registration may be automatically canceled. If you do not respond to Black Hat attempts to contact you regarding the status of your payment, your registration will be canceled. You will receive notification of your canceled registration via email.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration in full, you are not eligible for a discount. You may cancel your registration, minus a $300 processing fee, by Feb 19, 2022.
- Black Hat reserves the right to cancel your duplicate or unpaid registrations without notice.
Code of Conduct
Black Hat believes our community should be open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment. By participating you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct.
Continuing Education Credits
Black Hat provides Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for those who are certified through (ISC)2:
- 16 CPE credits for two-day Trainings
You can request CPE credits by entering your certificate number on the online registration form.
Special service for CISSPs and SSCPs: Black Hat will automatically forward your earned CPE credits to (ISC)2 upon completion of Training and/or Briefings, thirty days after the event has ended. Please allow four to six weeks for (ISC)2 to post your hours.
CPE is a globally recognized standard unit of measure for continuing education for security professionals. Please see (ISC)2 for more information regarding the certification process. Please note Black Hat does not maintain records of earned CPE credits. It is the responsibility of the student to maintain his or her own records.
Outstanding balances are due at the start of the conference. Admission to the Trainings will not be allowed and registration credentials will not be issued until all fees have been paid in full. Black Hat reserves the right to cancel your registration if we do not receive payment by Feb 19, 2022. All pricing is listed in CAD.
Due to the limited seating in the Trainings programs, payment in full is required no later than 2 weeks from the date of your registration. If payment is not received within the two-week period, you will be sent a courtesy payment reminder and if no payment is received by the specified deadline in the courtesy reminder, you will be removed from the Training.
We accept MasterCard, Visa, and American Express. All credit cards are processed at the time of your registration.
All check payments must be received by the Registration Department no later than Friday, Feb 19, 2022 in order to apply the payment to your registration. If you are unable to meet this deadline, please pay by credit card.
Please send payment to:
Black Hat Events Registration Department
Black Hat Trainings
131 W First Street
Duluth, MN 55802
Make checks payable to: Black Hat Trainings
Bank Transfer/Wire Transfer
Payments by bank/wire transfer must be submitted by Friday, Feb 19, 2022. If you are unable to meet this deadline, please pay by credit card.
Please make the bank/wire transfer payable to:
JP MORGAN CHASE
4 CHASE METROTECH CENTER, 7TH FLOOR EAST
BROOKLYN, NY 11245
BANK ACCT # 581946501
ABA ROUTING # 021-000-021
Chips ABA - 0002
BIC/Swift Code (IBAN) - CHASUS33
DUNS Number - 06 592 6420
Please include the confirmation number from your pending registration, the conference name as well as the registrant's name in the reference field of the wire transfer. Once you have submitted your wire transfer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org the following details:
Date of wire
Amount of wire
Registrant's name and confirmation number
The deadline to submit a wire transfer is Friday, Feb 19, 2022. If a wire transfer is submitted after this date and not received prior to the event, payment will be required on-site in order to receive a badge.
If you have any questions, please contact the Black Hat Registration Team for assistance:
All inquiries, correspondence and issues related to conference registration should be directed to Black Hat via email.
In the event you need immediate assistance our registration team can be reached via phone:
- Phone: +1.415.947.6846 or Toll-free: +1.866.203.8081
- Fax: +1.415.947.6011
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm Pacific Time
Black Hat reserves the right to make changes in the Trainings.
Credit Cards: Refunds for credit card payments will only be to the original card charged.
Checks: Payments made via check will be refunded via a US-drawn check. Check refunds will be issued net 45 from the date of receipt of a completed Black Hat Registration Update Form and a completed W9.
Wires: Payments made via bank wire will be refunded via bank wire. Wire refunds will be issued net 45 from the date of receipt of a completed Black Hat Registration Update Form and a completed W-8BEN for international bank wires or W9 for US corporate check refunds.
Substitutions, including those made on-site, are allowed with the written permission of the original registrant. You may submit your request via email or fax by completing the Black Hat Registration Update Form.
A substitution is a straight transfer of registration credentials.
- If you find that you have registered yourself for the incorrect class, you must contact us by Feb 19, 2022 in order for us to move you to the class you originally wanted to be in (space pending). We cannot move you to another class after Feb 19, 2022.
- Tax invoices are auto-generated from the registration system once your registration is completed and paid in full.
- Tax invoices will be sent via email to the registrant's primary and secondary (if provided) email address.
Training Certificates of Completion
Two-day Black Hat Trainings participants will be issued a digital Certificate of Completion. Certificates will be sent to the email address associated with the attendee registration. Certificates will not be issued to attendees not physically present at their registered Training course.
For any questions or issues with your certificate, please contact: email@example.com
Training Class Cancellations by Black Hat
In the event that a Training is canceled due to low enrollment, Trainer cancellation, or other reasons beyond our control, we will contact you immediately to make an alternate selection.
If Black Hat is forced to cancel a Training class, you have the following options:
- Move to another class, space pending. You should complete the form that was sent to you via email and return it as directed on the form. *Please note that if the newly selected course is more expensive, you must pay the difference. If the newly selected course is less expensive, you will be given a refund for the difference in the original payment instrument.
- Receive a full refund for the canceled class. You will not be assessed an administrative fee.
Training Class Change Request
You are registered only for the Training class you selected. In order to change classes, you must complete the Black Hat Registration Update Form. After this date, we cannot change your Training class unless the class has been canceled.
If you are owed a refund for the difference of the class cost, you will be sent a refund via the same method of payment.
If additional payment is required, you will be billed the difference in the class cost. All outstanding fees must be paid in full by Feb 19, 2022.
Please email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Class space for the Training is extremely limited and we have sold out in years past. There is no guarantee that space will be available in the class you are requesting.
On-Site Class Transfer
If you find your chosen class isn't a fit, you have option to transfer to another class (if space permits). You may transfer a maximum of one (1) time. You must make this request no later than 14:00 on day one of the course. If there the requested course is more expensive than the original, the student will be responsible for paying the difference. If the class is less expensive, the student will NOT receive a refund for the difference in price.
Training Class Reservations
All Training course seats are first-come, first-paid. The only way to hold a seat in a Training course is to be paid in full at the time of your registration. Black Hat reserves the right to cancel your unpaid registration without notification in order to guarantee the seat to a paid delegate.
Virtual Attendance Policy
Informa (and any third party platform provider acting on our behalf) will use your personal information during the registration process to host and manage this digital event and for analyzing visitor traffic with a view to improving the event experience for visitors.
Upon registration you may have chosen to withhold permission to share your data with third parties (i.e. sponsors & exhibitors), however when entering a virtual exhibition booth and/or a sponsored session/track/briefing or viewing/downloading sponsor/exhibitor resources, your personal information will be shared with the exhibitor or sponsor to allow them to engage with you and they may also follow-up and use your details for marketing purposes. If you accept a connection or meeting invite, then your full contact details will be shared directly with another attendee, sponsor or exhibitor and they may follow-up and use your details for marketing purposes.