This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Highlights of Black Hat USA 2018
Black Hat USA 2018 was attended by nearly 19,000 InfoSec professionals from around the world. This year's event offered more than 90 Trainings, 120 Briefings, and 90 Arsenal open-source tool presentations. New community workshops and expanded sponsored sessions and features increased opportunities to network and connect.
- Trainings taught by expert instructors, lead beginner and advanced students through hands-on, lab based courses in 2-day and 4-day formats. Interested in future Trainings? Attend Black Hat Trainings in Chicago, October 22-23 or Black Hat Europe in London, December 3-6.
- Keynote Parisa Tabriz, Project Zero Manager and Director of Engineering at Google presented "Optimistic Dissatisfaction with the Status Quo: Steps we Must Take to Improve Security in Complex Landscapes" in which she shared strategies practitioners can employ to make technology safer at scale. This year's Keynote was live streamed on YouTube. Watch the Recording here »
- Briefings spanned 18 tracks including the newly introduced Community Track. Researchers presented everything from malware detection techniques to hardware backdoors and resources for managing addiction.
- Download Briefings Speaker Provided Presentation Materials from beneath each abstract
- Watch the Briefing Voted the Best of Black USA 2018 — "How can Communities Move Forward After Incidents of Sexual Harassment or Assault?" By Makenzie Peterson
- Check out all of the recently released Briefings videos and subscribe for the earliest notifications of uploads
- Briefings recordings are available for purchase from Source of Knowledge for online streaming or USB access for personal or enterprise use
- Arsenal welcomed more than 90 open-source tools for live demonstrations. Presenters showcased solutions for automating analysis, testing TLS/SSL configurations, exploring optical cover channels and more. View Arsenal Tools Lineup »
- For the chance to present your open-source project at Black Hat Europe 2018, submit to the Arsenal Call for Tools by September 7 »
- The Business Hall hosted a number of workshops and informative presentations on career development and management tools, innovative products and breakthrough technologies and more. Check out Sponsored Session Abstracts here »
- New and expanded Features including Community Workshops led by partners Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), Executive Women's Forum (EWF), (ISC)2, OWASP, and Women In Security And Privacy (WISP), healthy activities, Network Operations Center (NOC) Tours and more. View Event Photos »