This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Highlights of Black Hat Asia 2018
Thank you to everyone who attended Black Hat Asia 2018. This year, we welcomed more than 2,000 information security professionals from around the world for innovative research and skill-building. Here are a few show highlights and key links:
- Multiple hands-on Trainings opened the show, including a new 4-day course. Trainers taught in-demand, highly-sought after offensive and defensive skills to beginner and advanced practitioners. Check out the Black Hat USA Trainings lineup to see courses open for registration »
- Day Zero, a program designed to provide attendees with tools for making the most of their Black Hat experience debuted in Asia this year. Dr. Stefano Zanero provided attendees with first-hand knowledge of the weeks highly-anticipated Briefings and networking opportunities. See Day Zero Description & Speaker Bio »
- A different Keynote speaker opened each day of Briefings. Bill Woodcock, Executive Director of Packet Clearing House presented the Day 1 Keynote "National Cyber-Aggression and Private-Sector Internet Infrastructure" on Thursday, March 22. The Grugq presented the Day 2 Keynote "A Short Course in Cyber Warfare" on Friday, March 23. Watch Recordings of the Keynote Presentations & the First Released Briefings »
- Researchers from around the world presented more than 40 Briefings, revealing new kernel exploits, incident response solutions and malware discoveries. Download Briefings Materials Here »
- The open-source community showcased a variety of new tools and enhancements of popular tools. Find photos of the Arsenal demos and more on Flickr »
- The Business Hall included leading security products and solution providers, offering engaging presentations and networking opportunities. Business Hall Sessions shared threat hunting models, endpoint defenses and skill development resources. Check out Business Hall Session Descriptions »
- The Network Operations Center (NOC) welcomed attendees of all pass types for the first time at Black Hat Asia. Attendees were invited to meet the team and check out the tools used to build, monitor and secure the Black Hat network.
- Black Hat awarded scholarships to cyber security students and educators of Universities in Singapore. These initiatives were designed to increase the accessibility and inclusivity of Black Hat while supporting the career development and continuing education of cyber security enthusiasts.
- The "Cybersecurity Risk in Asia" released prior to the show provided insight into the fears and priorities of security professionals in the region. Read the full research report »