Date of Submission:
I would like to present this at: USA 2005
Primary Speaker Name:
Primary Speaker Title (if applicable):
Additional Speaker Name(s), Title(s) and Company(s) (if applicable):
Speaking on Behalf of:
Primary Contact's Email:
Primary Contact's Telephone:
Speaker's Email (if different from the primary speaker's email):
Speaker's Telephone (if different from the primary speaker's telephone):
Has the speaker spoken at a previous Black Hat event? Yes or No
Does the speaker have any professional speaking experience? Yes or No
If yes, please list the three most recent engagements.
Has or will this presentation be seen in any form? If so, explain how this presentation is different from previous versions, and where/when this material has been seen before.
Will or has the speaker(s) be presenting at ANY event 30 days prior to this conference? If yes, please specify which event and on what topic(s).
Name of Presentation:
Select the track(s) that your talk would be most appropriate for your topic (you must select at least one of the nine):
[ Application Security ]
[ Computer Forensics & Log Analysis ]
[ Deep Knowledge ]
[ Layer Ø ]
[ Policy, Management, and the Law ]
[ Privacy & Anonymity ]
[ Turbo Talks ]
[ Ø Day Attack ]
[ Ø Day Defense ]
How much time does your presentation require? 75 minutes, 90 minutes or 20 minutes (turbo track) (please specify)
What are the three most important reasons why this is a quality Black Hat talk?
Is there a demonstration? Yes or No
Are the speaker(s) releasing a new tool? Yes or No
Are the speaker(s) releasing a new exploit? Yes or No
Is there audience participation? Yes or No
What are your equipment needs?
Will you require more than 2 lcd projectors? Yes or No - if yes, please specify how many
Will you require internet access? Yes or No
Will you require a white board? Yes or No
Will you require any special equipment? Yes or No - if yes, please specify.
You must provide a detailed outline containing the main points and navigation through your talk - show us how you intend to begin, where you intend to lead the audience and how you plan to get there. The outline may be provided in a separate attachment and may be as simple as a text file or as detailed as a "barebones" presentation. The more information you provide to us, the better chance we have of giving your presentation a fair evaluation.
Presentations that are submitted without outlines (eg. that have only ppt or white papers attached or only point to a URL) will not be considered.
This text will be used for the website and printed materials. In a nutshell, what your presentation will cover. Attendees will read this to get an idea of what they should know before your presentation, and what they will learn after. Use these paragraphs to tell people how technical the talk is, what tools will be used, what materials to read in advance to get the most out of your presentation. This abstract is the primary way people will be drawn to your session.
Presentations that are submitted without abstracts (eg. that have only ppt or white papers attached or only point to a URL) will not be considered.
As part of the 2005 Black Hat call for papers we are asking all applicants to submit a log entry along with their presentation. A BlackHat Log entry is an unstructured description of your research written in the first person. Your log entry may be candid, conversational, and include hyperlinks to valuable supporting information. Please try to keep your entry succinct, informative, and fun. An ideal log entry is no longer than 250 words..
Presentations that are submitted without the log entry will not be considered.
Additional files/materials? Yes or No
Type of file(s): Powerpoint, Word, PDF or Other.
Additional supporting materials such as code, white papers, proof of concept, etc should be sent along with this email to cfp at blackhat.com. Additional files that may help in the selection process should be included. We are NOT asking for a complete presentation for submission along with the CFP.
Supporting files should include the speaker's name on the file: eg. speakername_whitepaper_US05.pdf
This text will be used for the website and printed materials. Cover any professional history that is relevant to the presentation, including past jobs, tools that you have written, etc.
Presentations that are submitted without biographies will not be considered.
Transfer of Copyright
I warrant that the above work has not been previously published elsewhere, or if it has, that I have obtained permission for its publication by Black Hat, Inc. and that I will promptly supply Black Hat, Inc. with wording for crediting the original publication and copyright owner.
If I am selected for presentation, I hereby give Black Hat, Inc. permission to duplicate, record and redistribute this presentation; including, but not limited to, the conference proceedings, conference CD, video, audio, hand outs(s) to the conference attendees for educational, on-line and all other purposes.
Yes, I, (insert primary speaker name), have read the above and agree to the Transfer of Copyright.
Agreement to Terms of Speaking Requirements
If I am selected to speak, I understand that I must complete and fulfill the following requirements or I will forfeit my honorarium:
1) I will submit a completed presentation in Powerpoint format for publication in the printed conference proceedings by the date specified in the CFP Letter of Acceptance.
2) I understand if I fail to submit a completed presentation by the date specified in the CFP Letter of Acceptance, I may be replaced by an alternate presentation or, if allowed to present, will forfeit $250 of my honorarium.
3) I will submit a completed (and possibly updated) presentation, a copy of the tool(s) and/or code(s), and a reference to all of the tool(s), law(s), Web sites and/or publications referenced to at the end of my talk and as described in this CFP submission for publication on the conference CD by the date specified in the CFP Letter of Acceptance.
4) I will include a detailed bibliography as either a separate document or included within the presentation of all resources cited and/or used in my presentation.
5) I will be on hand and accessible to delegates during Black Hat social events including, but not limited to, luncheons and receptions.
6) I will complete my presentation in the time allocated to me - not ending 15 minutes before or running 5 minutes over the time allocation.
7) I understand that Black Hat will provide 2 lcd projectors, 2 screens, microphone, and video switch box. I understand that I am responsible for providing all other necessary equipment, including laptops and machines, to complete my presentation.
8) I will submit, within 5 days of the completion of the conference, any updated, revised or additional presentation(s) or materials that were used in my presentation but not included on the conference CD or conference proceedings.
I, (insert primary speaker name), have read the above and understand and agree to the terms as detailed in the Agreement to Terms of Speaking Requirements.
Agreement to Terms of Speaking Remuneration
1) I understand that Black Hat will only pay for one roundtrip coach class airfare per presentation.
2) I understand that if I choose to arrange the airfare myself, I must first receive approval from the Conference Administrator or I will not be reimbursed for the airfare. I understand that if I wish to be reimbursed for airfare, I must supply a valid receipt in the form of a travel agency issued air itinerary and/or ticket receipt with the airfare printed on it. I understand that there is a $750 cap for airfare and I will be reimbursed for up to that amount.
3) I understand that if I choose to travel by automobile I will receive $0.32 per mile, roundtrip, as reimbursement. If I travel by rail or bus I will be reimbursed for the cost of the ticket price.
4) I understand that Black Hat will pay for one hotel room for three nights at the official venue hotel.
5) I understand that I will be required to provide the hotel with a valid credit card on check in to secure the room and any and all additional costs incurred by me (including but not limited to room service, phone line usage, room internet access, movies, etc) WILL NOT be reimbursed by Black Hat.
6) I understand that the person listed as the primary speaker will be required to complete a W9 form (only if a US citizen) in order to be paid. Non-US citizens will be paid via wire transfer (or you may choose to be paid with a company check).
7) I understand that Black Hat will issue one payment per presentation and the check will be issued to the person listed as the primary speaker. Payment will be made net 30 from the end of the conference.
8) I understand that the name and address on the W9 or wire transfer is where the payment will be sent.
9) I understand that if I am employed by an official Black Hat sponsor, that I will not receive any compensation for travel, hotel accommodations or an honorarium from Black Hat, Inc.
10) I understand that should my talk be determined to be a vendor or sales pitch that I will not receive any reimbursement for travel, hotel accommodations or an honorarium.
11) I understand that should my talk be selected for the "Turbo Talks" I will ONLY receive entrance to the Briefings. As a "Turbo Talks" presenter, I WILL NOT receive a speaking honorarium or compensation for hotel or travel.
Yes, I, (insert primary speaker name), have read the above and understand and agree to the terms as detailed in the Agreement to Terms of Speaking Remuneration or I will forfeit my honorarium.