This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
New At Black Hat USA 2019
Black Hat is back in Las Vegas for the 22nd year, August 3-8, 2019! With so much content, features, networking programs and special events, it's helpful to begin sketching your personal schedule prior to arriving on-site. Make sure to download the mobile app and visit the online schedule to begin planning your time.
We've also highlighted a few new programs and not-to-be-missed opportunities below:
- Digital Certificates — For the first time, Black Hat will digitally deliver Certificates of Completion for Trainings. After your course has ended, you will receive a shareable, verifiable certificate at the email address you registered with. Learn More »
- Speaker Meet & Greet — Meet Black Hat Briefings Speakers and Review Board Members at the Day Zero reception on Tuesday, August 6. Learn More »
- Micro Summits — Briefings pass holders can now add additional talks to their schedule. New Cyber Insurance and Bug Bounty Micro Summits will feature specially curated sessions on these pressing security issues. Learn More »
- Briefings Speaker Coaching Program — Organized by Black Hat Review Board Member Lidia Giuliano, Briefings Presenters were invited to request a mentor to help them prepare for their Briefings presentation. This initiative was piloted for the first time this year. Learn More »
- Track Chairs — Each Black Hat event, The Review Board diligently reads through proposals and selects content for presentation. Track chairs facilitate discussions and coordinate the selection process for particular security subject matter areas. For the first time, we've published the Track Lead photos and bios. See the Track Chairs »
- Arsenal Intro Meet-Ups — Offered at 11:30 AM on Wednesday, August 7 and Thursday, August 8, the Arsenal Review Board and Tool authors will host a meetup in the Arsenal Lounge. Join to share your open-source project, gather feedback, learn more about the Arsenal program and how to become a presenter. Learn More »
- Arsenal Labs — Meet open-source tool developers at Arsenal for hands-on labs. Gain practical, real-world experience hacking industrial control systems, ZigBee smart home devices, physical circuits and more. Learn More »
- Workshop: Tactics, Techniques and Procedures to Attack Active Directory — SpecterOps will teach TTPs used by adversaries to attack Active Directory in hands-on workshop, open to all pass types. Students must bring their own laptop and space is limited. Arrive 30 minutes before the workshop begins to reserve your seat. Learn More »
- Merchandise Store moved to Level 2 — Pick up commemorative T-shirts, jackets, mugs, and more at the Black Hat Merchandise Store! Merchandise is only sold on-site at Black Hat events. This year the store is located on Level 2 of the Mandalay Convention Center. Learn More »
- Demo of Briefings recording platform — Source of Knowledge will be on-site to sell Briefings recordings at a discounted rate. Pre-purchase Black Hat USA Briefings, Black Hat 2020 Briefings or the “Hacker Summer Camp Suite” for Black Hat USA Briefings, DEF CON and BSides recordings at a discounted rate. Visit the sound of knowledge team at the Breakers Desk on Level 2 for a demo of the streaming platform. Learn More »
- Veterans Scholarship Program — Expanded for 2019, Black Hat partnered with Review Board Member Matt Devost to provide 15 Black Hat Briefings pass scholarships to U.S. Veterans. This year's award included travel funds and 2-nights' accommodation. Learn More »
- New Yoga Times — Stretch your physical muscles and zen out during Black Hat yoga sessions offered at new times for 2019! Mats and towels will be provided. Learn More »
- Revive Lounge — Take time for self-care between the content and networking events at Black Hat and recharge in the Revive Lounge. The Revive Lounge is a relaxation space off of the Business Hall floor where attendees are encouraged to unplug and unwind. Some of the amenities offered include chair massages, IV hydration services, a smoothie bar, coffee station and lounge seating. Learn More »
- 2019 T-Shirt Proceeds Beneficiary — Each year, proceeds of a commemorative show shirt are donated to a worthy cause or organization. For 2019, proceeds of the Black Hat USA Commemorative Shirt will be donated to QueerCon. QueerCon hosts events for LGBTQ+ hackers, queer-relevant hacks, and anything that touches the intersection of technology, gender, and sexuality.
- Community Meet Ups — Connect with community members for informal meet ups, including discussions for "Parents and Caregivers in Information Security" and "Assessing Cognitive Capacity and Burnout," plus an Executive Women's Forum Meet & Greet and Friends of Bill sessions for those interested in sharing stories of paths to recovery, choosing a sober life and practicing moderation management. Learn More »