This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Black Hat USA 2018 Briefings Spotlight
Black Hat USA will take place August 4-9, 2018 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, offering the largest lineup to date. Deeply technical, hands-on Trainings led by the information security industry's top trainers, will span a variety of topics from infrastructure hacking to social engineering and car hacking. For information on the available courses, check out the Trainings lineup.
Black Hat USA Briefings will present the latest security research, Wednesday, August 8 and Thursday, August 9. This year's currently announced Briefings include:
- An exploration of the hacking of voting machines and the current state of this technology
- Critical infrastructure attacks involving emergency systems, including a vulnerability capable of affecting radio-controlled emergency warning siren systems, research on the TRITON attack framework, and a look at vulnerabilities within SATCOM security that could result in attacks to international airlines, NATO military bases and various other vessels around the world
- Research on hacking self-driving cars from the researchers who famously hacked a Jeep in 2015, and remote attacks on the Tesla Model S/X leading to the takeover of its Autopilot module
- Exposed payment system vulnerabilities from hacking into cash dispensers of ATM machines to spew cash, live demonstrations of new vulnerabilities found in Paypal, Square, SumUp, and iZettle that allow attackers to alter communication during transactions
- Mobile threats involving the unveiling of a nation state actor's Android/iOS surveillance tooling previously used to successfully compromise the devices of government officials and military personnel around the globe
- Enterprise compromises, including a vulnerability that makes it possible to gain access to Windows 10 machines through the use of Microsoft Cortana
- Insight into major platform weaknesses from the researchers that discovered the Meltdown and Spectre bugs
- A deep dive into a vulnerability in both Intel and AMD CPUs that can be utilized to reliably and successfully exploit Windows 10, and the exploration of hardware backdoors in x86 processors
View all announced Briefings abstracts here: blackhat.com/us-18/briefings/schedule
Black Hat Arsenal will return to Las Vegas with its popular tool demo area, showcasing the hottest developments from the open-source community. Demonstrations will take place Wednesday and Thursday with a new hands-on lab for sharing, networking and expanding your toolkit. To view this year's Arsenal tools and schedule, visit: blackhat.com/us-18/arsenal/schedule
Save $200 when you register for your Briefings or Trainings Pass by July 13. Don't miss the opportunity to expand your knowledge and network during the biggest week in InfoSec!