The Black Hat Briefings are a series of highly technical information security conferences that bring together thought leaders from all facets of the InfoSec world - from the corporate and government sectors to academic and even underground researchers. The environment is strictly vendor-neutral and focused on the sharing of practical insights and timely, actionable knowledge. Black Hat remains the best and biggest event of its kind, unique in its ability to define tomorrow's information security landscape.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Conference and Training Director is a central role to Black Hat, working closely with the business while interfacing with the trainers, researchers, and partner organizations.
Read below and then click here to apply for this position
About the Role:
- Supports the GM by providing management of daily activities of the team in both an administrative and liaison role.
- Event planning, management and onsite execution of the live events both internationally and domestically.
- Ensures brand viability and facilitate brand management by ensuring business development and continuity by maintaining relationships with delegates, content providers and sponsors. You support the GM in putting the brand and community first, serve and support the trainers and speakers above all else.
- Business acumen - Organization, time & task management, articulate communications, both written and oral in a timely fashion – a reply should never be more than a business day away
- Problem solving balancing the needs of the stakeholders while also maintaining the brand and business objectives
- Objective Leadership: your effectiveness to keep the team together and get the work done is a function of your leadership, not your rank. Treat team members as peers, not as subordinates. Work with the GM and the rest of the team to solve and resolve issues.
The Conference Director spearheads and project manages (as needed) special projects and relationships such as Book Signings, Executive Briefings, the VIP Party, and others. Primary duties include:
- Manage the speaker and training budget
- Ensure communications and deliverables are executed by the event coordinator on the administrative level
- Ensure business continuity via relationships with content providers (trainers and speakers)
- Liaise with technical lead and GM on any relevant communications and concerns escalated by content providers
- Coordinate with operations for any special needs
- Review board administration and support
- Keynote administration
- Venue selection
- Space usage
- Approval of signs related to content
- Registration – point of escalation for customer service and business oversight
- Ensure that the needs of special events providers and partnerships are met by ops
- Oversight of special accommodations made to sponsors
- Provide Technical Lead with information and tools necessary to ensure that the content provider and delegate needs are met for the live event
- Gather and ensure submitted courseware is reviewed, accepted or declined – connect with stakeholders on review
- Contract with trainers
- Communicate with trainers on a per show event basis, overseeing that all parties are aware of and
- Oversee that the event coordinator submits all invoices
- Liaise with technical lead and GM on any relevant communications and concerns from content providers
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that provides information, events, training, data services, and marketing solutions for the technology industry. Its media brands and information services inform, educate and inspire decision makers across the entire technology market – serving engineers and design professionals, software and game developers, solutions providers and integrators, networking and communications executives, and business technology professionals. UBM Tech's industry-leading media brands include EE Times, Interop, Black Hat, InformationWeek, Game Developer Conference, Byte, CRN, and DesignCon. The company's information products include research, education, training, and data services that accelerate decision making for technology buyers. UBM Tech also offers a full range of marketing services based on its content and technology market expertise, including custom events, content marketing solutions, community development, and demand generation programs designed to help vendors identify and participate in technology buying decisions. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.