This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
During these uncertain times, we at Black Hat wanted to provide some tools for the Community to connect and stay healthy. Keep checking back, as we will be regularly updating the information below and providing opportunities to engage with your fellow InfoSec professionals.
Ways to promote wellbeing
- Connect - have frequent meetings, arrange one to ones, talk to someone instead of sending an email, connect with Community Groups here
- Be active - sports teams, go for lunchtime walks, organize fitness competitions
- Help others - awareness days, education, good deed feed
- Take notice - look out for how your colleagues are feeling or acting, visit a new place for lunch
- Keep learning - share product knowledge, tune into previous Black Hat Briefings presentations, check out latest Black Hat Intel posts
Tips to managing stress
- Walk away from your desk and have a stretch
- Have a quick burst of exercise
- Do some breathing exercises (slow deep breaths)
- Listen to relaxing music on your headphones at your desk
- Have some 'me' time to recuperate your thoughts
- Make an effort to attend social events after work
- Call a friend when you have a few spare minutes
- Have your lunch break with other colleagues
- Monitor your wellbeing with an app
Feeling lonely or overwhelmed and not sure what resources are available – check out this list of resources from Mental Health Hackers.
Network with fellow InfoSec professionals
CSA - Join CSA's global community Circle that facilitates resources and security discussions.
ISC2 - A platform from ISC2 to share your cybersecurity knowledge and experience with other pros.
WSC - Gain access to educational tools, study groups, workshops and networking opportunities, as well as special discounts on respected training, certifications and education programs.
WISP - Their mission is to advance, advocate for, and increase the participation of women in the Privacy and Information Security fields.
Teaches relaxation and coping skills in various situations, including an app to guide you through relaxation exercises that you can do in a coffee break.
The Wellness Recovery Action Plan is a self-designed prevention and wellness process that anyone can use to make their life the way they want it to be.
A popular free relaxation sound and music app to help you fall asleep or just to switch off. Mix and match nature sounds with music, lay back and listen.
Teaches a deep breathing technique useful in fighting anxiety and stress. A simple interface uses biofeedback to monitor your breathing.
Stay connected with us at Black Hat