Date of Submission:
I would like to present this at: Europe 2006
Primary Speaker Name:
Primary Speaker Title (if applicable):
Additional Speaker Name(s), Title(s) and Company(s) (if applicable):
Speaking on Behalf of:
Primary Contact's Email:
Primary Contact's Telephone:
Speaker's Email (if different from the primary speaker's email):
Speaker's Telephone (if different from the primary speaker's telephone):
Has the speaker spoken at a previous Black Hat event? Yes or No
Does the speaker have any professional speaking experience? Yes or No
If yes, please list the three most recent engagements:
Has or will this presentation be seen elsewhere before the conference?
or has the speaker(s) be presenting at ANY event 30 days prior to this
conference? If yes, please specify which event and on what topic(s).
Name of Presentation:
Select the track(s) that your talk would be most appropriate for your topic (you must select at least one of the four, although you may select as many as your talk falls into):
[ Ø Day Defense ]
[ Ø Day Attack ]
[ Deep Knowledge ]
[ Policy, Management, and the Law ]
How much time does your presentation require? 75 minutes or 150 minutes (please specify)
What are the three most important reasons why this is a quality Black Hat talk?
Is there a demonstration? Yes or No
Are the speaker(s) releasing a new tool? Yes or No
If the tool being released is an update, please explain changes made in this version.
Are the speaker(s) releasing a new exploit? Yes or No
Beyond a standard Q & A session, is there audience participation? Yes or No
What are your equipment needs?
Will you require more than 1 lcd projector? Yes or No - if yes, please specify how many
Will you require internet access? Yes or No
Will you require a wipe board? Yes or No
Are there any other special equipment needs that you will require? Yes or No - if yes, please specify
must provide a detailed outline containing the main points and
navigation through your talk - show us how you intend to begin, where
you intend to lead the audience and how you plan to get there. The
outline may be provided in a separate attachment and may be as simple
as a text file or as detailed as a "barebones" presentation. The more
information you provide to us, the better chance we have of giving your
presentation fair scrutiny.
that are submitted without outlines (eg that have only ppt or white
papers attached or only point to a URL) will not be considered.
text will be used for the website and printed materials. In a nutshell,
what your presentation will cover. Attendees will read this to get an
idea of what they should know before your presentation, and what they
will learn after. Use these paragraphs to tell people how technical the
talk is, what tools will be used, what materials to read in advance to
get the most out of your presentation. This abstract is the primary way
people will be drawn to your session.
that are submitted without abstracts (eg that have only ppt or white
papers attached or only point to a URL) will not be considered.
As part of the Black Hat call for papers we are asking all applicants to submit a log entry along with their presentation. A BlackHat Log entry is an unstructured description of your research written in the first person. Your log entry may be candid, conversational, and include hyperlinks to valuable supporting information. Please try to keep your entry succinct, informative, and fun. An ideal log entry is no longer than 250 words. This material may be published on the Black Hat website and possibly Black Hat marketing materials.
Presentations that are submitted without the log entry will not be considered.
Additional files/materials? Yes or No
Type of file(s): Powerpoint, Word, PDF or Other
Additional supporting materials such as code, white papers, proof of concept, etc should be sent along with this email to cfp at blackhat.com.
Additional files that may help in the selection process should be
included. We are NOT asking for a complete presentation for submission
along with the CFP.
Supporting files should include the speaker's name on the file: eg. speakername_file.pdf
text will be used for the website and printed materials. Cover any
professional history that is relevant to the presentation, including
past jobs, tools that you have written, etc.
Presentations that are submitted without biographies will not be considered.
Grant of Copyright Use
warrant that the above work has not been previously published
elsewhere, or if it has, that I have obtained permission for its
publication by Black Hat, Inc. and that I will promptly supply Black
Hat, Inc. with wording for crediting the original publication and
I am selected for presentation, I hereby give Black Hat, Inc.
permission to duplicate, record and redistribute this presentation;
including, but not limited to, the conference proceedings, conference
CD, video, audio, hand outs(s) to the conference attendees for
educational, on-line and all other purposes.
Yes, I, (insert primary speaker name), have read the above and agree to the Grant of Copyright Use.
Agreement to Terms of Speaking Requirements
I am selected to speak, I understand that I must complete and fulfill
the following requirements or I will forfeit my honorarium:
I will submit a completed presentation in either Powerpoint or PDF for
publication in the printed conference proceedings by the date specified
in the CFP Letter of Acceptance.
I understand if I fail to submit a completed presentation by the date
specified in the CFP Letter of Acceptance, I may be replaced by an
alternate presentation or, if allowed to present, will forfeit $250 of
I will submit a completed (and possibly updated) presentation, a copy
of the tool(s) and/or code(s), and a reference to all of the tool(s),
law(s), Web sites and/or publications referenced to at the end of my
talk and as described in this CFP submission for publication on the
conference CD by the date specified in the CFP Letter of Acceptance.
I will include a detailed bibliography as either a separate document or
included within the presentation of all resources cited and/or used in
I will be on hand and accessible to delegates during Black Hat social
events including, but not limited to, luncheons and receptions.
I will complete my presentation in the time allocated to me - not
ending 15 minutes before or running 5 minutes over the time allocation.
I understand that Black Hat will will provide 1 LCD projector, 1
screen, microphone. I understand that I am
responsible for providing all other necessary equipment, including
laptops and machines, to complete my presentation.
I will submit, within 5 days of the completion of the conference, any
updated, revised or additional presentation(s) or materials that were
used in my presentation but not included on the conference CD or
(insert primary speaker name), have read the above and understand and
agree to the terms as detailed in the Agreement to Terms of Speaking
Agreement to Terms of Speaking Remuneration
1) I understand that Black Hat will only pay for one roundtrip coach class airfare per event.
2) I understand that if I choose to arrange the airfare myself, I must first receive approval from the Conference Administrator or I will not be reimbursed for the airfare. I understand that if I wish to be reimbursed for airfare, I must supply a valid receipt in the form of a travel agency issued air itinerary and/or ticket receipt with the airfare printed on it. I understand that there is a $750 cap for airfare and I will be reimbursed for up to that amount.
3) I understand that if I choose to travel by automobile I will receive $0.32 per mile, roundtrip, as reimbursement OR the cost of petrol (receipts will be required). If I travel by rail or bus I will be reimbursed for the cost of the ticket price (receipts will be required).
4) I understand that I will only be reimbursed for one form of travel to the conference - that I will be reimbursed for either rail, bus or air travel. I understand will not receive reimbursement for transportation to and from the travel terminal(s) to the hotel/conference venue or travel from my home/office to the travel termina(s), or any additional expenditures I may incur.
5) I understand that Black Hat will pay for one hotel room for three nights at the official venue hotel. I understand that if I will recieve no reimbursement if I choose to stay at a different hotel.
6) I understand that I will be required to provide the hotel with a valid credit card on check in to secure the room and any and all additional costs incurred by me (including but not limited to room service, phone line usage, room internet access, movies, etc) WILL NOT be reimbursed by Black Hat.
7) I understand that the person listed as the primary speaker will be required to complete a W9 form (only if a US citizen) in order to be paid. Non-US citizens will be paid via wire transfer (or you may choose to be paid with a company check).
8) I understand that Black Hat will issue one payment per presentation and the payment will be issued to the person listed as the primary speaker. Payment will be made net 30 from the end of the conference.
9) I understand that the name and address on the W9 or wire transfer is where the payment will be sent.
10) I understand that if I am employed by an official Black Hat sponsor, that I will not receive any compensation for travel, hotel accommodations or an honorarium from Black Hat, Inc.
11) I understand that should my talk be determined to be a vendor or sales pitch that I will not receive any reimbursement for travel, hotel accommodations or an honorarium.
Yes, I, (insert primary speaker name), have read the above and understand and agree to the terms as detailed in the Agreement to Terms of Speaking Remuneration or I will forfeit my honorarium.