The Exploit Laboratory: Black Belt is an intense 2 day course carefully crafted to provide students a practical hands-on approach to exploiting modern day operating systems. The focus of the class is to bring participants up to speed on the complexities of exploit writing required for defeating modern exploit mitigation techniques.
Topics covered in the class include exploiting use-after-free bugs, Return Oriented Programming (ROP), advanced heap spraying, and Pwn2Own style exploitation using leaked pointers and dynamic ROP chains. Class examples include browser exploitation, PDF, and Flash exploits.
To add extra punch, we are introducing an all new section on exploits on 64-bit architectures. This is one class you don't want to miss!
As with the popular Exploit Laboratory, all topics are delivered in a down-to-earth, learn-by-example methodology. The same trainers who brought you The Exploit Laboratory for over 9 years have been working hard in putting together advanced material based on past feedback.
NOTE: THIS CLASS MAY BE COMBINED WITH "THE EXPLOIT LABORATORY: RED TEAM" AS A 4 DAY COURSE.
DAILY CLASS OUTLINE:
• Quick refresher on Stack Overflows
• Quick refresher on Use-after-free bugs and vtable overwrites
• Advanced Browser Exploits
• Advanced PDF Exploits
• Introduction to Exploit Mitigation Techniques
• Defeating Exploit Mitigation Techniques
• Introduction to Return Oriented Programming
• Defeating DEP using ROP
• Practical ROP Exploits
• Bypassing ASLR on Windows 7
• Advanced Heap Spray techniques
• Leaked memory pointers and Dynamic ROP chains
• Introduction to exploits on 64-bit architectures
• Anyone who is left wanting for more after taking The Exploit Laboratory: Red Team!
• Red Team members, who want to pen-test custom binaries and exploit custom built applications.
• Bug Hunters, who want to write exploits for all the crashes they find.
• Members of military or government cyberwarfare units.
• Members of reverse engineering research teams.
• Pen-testers, Security analysts, Security auditors, who want to take their skills to the next level and write their own exploits instead of borrowing them.
• People frustrated at software to the point they want to break it!
• MUST HAVE PRIOR EXPLOIT WRITING EXPERIENCE -OR- COMBINE WITH "THE EXPLOIT LABORATORY: RED TEAM"
• A clear understanding of CPU registers, stack memory and stack overflows.
• A clear understanding of how Functions work in C.
• Able to use a debugger such as GCC or WINDBG.
• Working knowledge of operating systems, Win32 and Unix.
• Not be allergic to command line tools.
• Working knowledge of shell scripts, cmd scripts or Perl.
• SKILL LEVEL: ADVANCED
Operating Systems: A Primerhttp://www.slideshare.net/saumilshah/operating-systems-a-primer
How Functions Work:http://www.slideshare.net/saumilshah/operating-systems-a-primer
Introduction to Debuggers:http://www.slideshare.net/saumilshah/introduction-to-debuggers
BONUS TUTORIAL - Dive Into ROP:http://www.slideshare.net/saumilshah/dive-into-rop-a-quick-introduction-to-return-oriented-programming
• A working laptop (no Netbooks, no Tablets, no iPads)
• Intel Core 2 Duo x86/x64 hardware (or superior) required
• 4GB RAM required, at a minimum, 8GB preferred, and anywhere in between shall be tolerated
• Wireless network card
• 20 GB minimum free Hard disk space
• Working USB port (should not be DLP disabled!)
• Linux / Windows / Mac OS X desktop operating systems
• VMWare Player / VMWare Workstation / VMWare Fusion MANDATORY
• Administrator / root access MANDATORY
Saumil Shah is the founder and CEO of Net-Square, providing cutting edge information security services to clients around the globe. Saumil is an internationally recognized speaker and instructor, having regularly presented at conferences like Black Hat, RSA, CanSecWest, PacSec, EUSecWest, Hack.lu, Hack-in-the-box and others. He has authored two books titled "Web Hacking: Attacks and Defense" and "The Anti-Virus Book".
Saumil graduated with an M.S. in Computer Science from Purdue University, USA and a B.E. in Computer Engineering from Gujarat University. He spends his leisure time breaking software, flying kites, traveling around the world and taking pictures.