This offering is a highly-specialized course for security professionals interested in learning the skills, mindset and tools to become a professional social engineer. Students develop the ability to blend his/her mental skills of influence, persuasion and psychological tactics with technical skills such as mastering elicitation and pretexting.
The Advanced Practical Social Engineering course is a week-long immersion into the world of a professional social engineer.
Designed and written by Christopher Hadnagy with contributions by Robin Dreeke, our Advanced Practical Social Engineering program is a five-day intensive training course that includes lectures, discussion, multiple hands-on exercises, demonstrations, and even nightly homework. It is a highly interactive class in which you will learn and practice the skills needed to be a professional social engineer.
After the course, you will be provided the opportunity to complete a multi-day, hands-on exam with live practical tests to prove you have mastered the skills to earn your Social Engineering Pentest Professional (S.E.P.P.) certification. The certification does not require travel, but must be scheduled within 60 days of completing the class
• Day 1: Our first day provides you with what you need first: understanding of self. The lessons focus on teaching you to recognize your dominant communication style, to identify what type of a thinker you are, and to analyze your strengths and weaknesses.
• Day 2: The training gets tougher and our skill sets ascend to the next level. We cover topics such as elicitation, the difference between influence and manipulation, and pretexting.
• Day 3: Topics for this day are learning the techniques of a professional social engineer and discussing the most important goal of any social engineer - gathering information. In addition, we begin discussing the psychological principles of social engineering.
• Day 4: On the final day, we continue discussing the psychological principles that comprise social engineering along with an in-depth study of nonverbal body language, and the ways a social engineer can read and use this very valuable information.
Pentesters, Human Hackers, Psychology Enthusiasts, teachers, law enforcement, any person who wants to communicate like a pro.
• The love of learning new things
• The willingness to try anything
• The willingness to expand your mind
You will a laptop with the ability to get on the internet and use a browser. We recommend any windows or mac laptop. It used for 2 days of the course, everything else you need will be given to you.
• The official Advanced Practical Social Engineering Course Book
• A personal copy of your DISC Assessment
• Ekman METT license
• Additional learning incentives
Chris Hadnagy, Chief Human Hacker
Chris Hadnagy, aka loganWHD, is the President and CEO of Social-Engineer, Inc. He specializes in understanding the ways in which malicious attackers are able to exploit human weaknesses to obtain access to information and resources through manipulation and deceit. He has been in security and technology for over 16 years. Chris is a graduate of Dr. Paul Ekman’s courses in Microexpressions, having passed the certification requirements with an "Expert Level" grade. He has significant experience in training and educating students in non-verbal communications. He also holds certifications as an Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) and an Offensive Security Wireless Professional (OSWP). Finally, he is the author of the best-selling book, Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking.
Michele Fincher, Chief Influencing Agent
Michele Fincher’s background includes training and education as well as information security, with experience in both government contracting and the private sector. Michele graduated with academic distinction with a Bachelor of Science degree from the US Air Force Academy and also holds a Master of Science degree from Auburn University. She has provided training and education on various technical subjects for law enforcement, the intelligence community, and the private sector in venues to include the Black Hat Briefings and Techno Security. She is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
Robin Dreeke, Human Educator Interfacer
Robin Dreeke is an expert trainer, project manager, author, and group facilitator with a substantial background in leadership, adult learning and facilitation, both within the US Government and with private sector organizations. Robin is a 1992 graduate of the United States Naval Academy and former U. S. Marine Corps Officer. For the past 15 years, Robin has been in the FBI, currently serving as the head of the elite Behavioral Analysis Program of the FBI’s Counterintelligence Division. Robin is the lead instructor at the FBI’s Counterintelligence Training Center in all behavioral and interpersonal skills training. He is also an adjunct instructor for the FBI’s National Academy in the area of publishing, interviewing, and public speaking. He is the co-developer and lead trainer in social engineering soft skills for Social-Engineer.com.
Please visit us at www.social-engineer.com for additional information.